Friday, March 19, 2010

MG Books Are the New Vampires

(UPDATE: I've had so many ask to join the blog that I am now closing to requests. I apologize for this, and I wish I could add the whole world, but we need to keep this manageable. However, if there are any openings, we will post them on the blog once it launches. Please check back for details on our official launch date. Thank you everyone!)

Yes. You read that right. I tell everyone that MG books are the new vampires. Why? Because I say so. And since the world has not latched on to this revelation quite yet, I've decided I need to take MG to the masses.

And I might have an idea how to do it....

I've wanted to do this for at least a year, but I think I'm finally in a position where my vague vision can possibly come to fruition. I've already started putting feelers out and--Holy Cow! The preliminary excitement has been much more than I anticipated. So I'm putting out the official call now.

I'm looking for agented/published/well-connected MG people to join me in starting (and maintaining) a group blog strictly for MG readers and writers. I'm not sure exactly what form this blog will take, but if we get enough people together it could easily be The Place for All Things MG. It seems like there is so much geared for the YA people out there, and I'm feeling like we MGers need a little place of our own out there in the cyberworld.

I'd also love to invite the CB people to join us as well. After all, CBs are the little brothers and sisters of MGs.

So far I already have a strong list of agented/pubbed/well-connected people who wish to contribute in some way, so I really think this idea might go somewhere. But I say the more we MGers pool our resources/talents, the better this group blog will be.

If you're interested in contributing, please contact me at elissadcruz at gmail dot com or leave a comment below. I'd like to start a brainstorming session soon with those who would like to have a say in where we take this project.

And spread the word! I know my little blog here doesn't reach most of the MG people out there (hence the need for this group blog idea).

For those interested in following once we get up and running, check back here often for the big announcement. I'm sure it will happen soon!

Go MG!


P.S. In the last week or so I've won three (yes, 3!) contests, so I'd like to point out that I'm on a winning streak. I mention this for those out there who think we need some serious luck to pull this off. I've got luck coming out my ears this week, so any idea I come up with is bound to be a success. Just wanted you to know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment