Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm DONE

But not in a good way. I'm still sitting right before the climax of my WIP, but I've decided there is no point in finishing the first draft because whatever I write now will be thrown away when I get to the second draft. And I can't figure out yet what will be written without going back and doing some major rewriting and rethinking. I'm not one of those people who can change story mid-stream and keep going. I need to do some serious thinking on this book. I'm not ready to revise yet. I want to sit down and really plan out this book.

So, I've done the next best thing. I've put the novel away for a few months. I plan on writing a first draft of another novel and then, while that book is stewing, I'll come back and revise this one.

I know. You can call me a quitter. I don't care. I'm doing the right thing. I know it.

Besides, remember when I said inspiration struck? Yep. I'm already plotting that book. I want to try a new approach to writing (well, new for me). One that involves an outline.

*gasp!*

No comments:

Post a Comment