1. I'm between projects right now and I feel a little lost. Like I'm floating on a lake without a paddle. (Which, by the way, I've never actually done in real life. Been in a boat on a lake, but always with a paddle. We did drop a paddle once, though, but since there was a second paddle in the boat we were easily able to grab the first and get back to shore.) I think I need to learn how to enjoy life, since I'm always complaining about how hard the work is when I am writing something, and now I'm complaining about not having something to work on even though I'm deliberately taking a small break before diving into the next project.
2. Today my kids sat down and watched the first four episodes of this season's The Biggest Loser. I'm not going to bring up how many hours that meant my kids sat in front of the TV watching someone else exercise instead of getting up and exercising themselves. (In their defense, they did work out with my husband earlier in the day when he did is Total Body Workout DVD.) And I'm also not going to bring up the fact that I watched it with them. (Hey, I did my workout today, too.)
3. Speaking of tv...last night I thought it would good for my boys and I to watch something "educational" together on the television before heading off to bed. So I turned on a documentary about South Africa. Of course, the documentary decided to film the Zulu reed dance, which, if you didn't know this (I certainly didn't before watching the show) means that all the Zulu girls show up to the dance COMPLETELY NAKED ON TOP. Doh! *Smacks forehead* Yes, our "educational experience" included frontal nudity. #parentfail
Don't worry, folks, I played it cool. "Gah! Don't look!" I screamed as I covered my own eyes.
4. I haven't watched this much TV in one week in a very long time. I don't know about you, but I'm thinking that not a lot of tv might be the right choice for me. Because apparently me picking the tv shows is not a good idea (see #3 above). Getting back into another writing project will be a good thing, in more ways than one (see #1 and [again] #3 above).
5. All this downtime has been good for one thing, though. I think I've come up with a good design idea for my website. I'm slowly learning the coding end of things and building a site from the ground up. Now I've got to switch gears and do the design part for awhile. I'm looking forward to seeing if my idea works.