Thursday, February 18, 2010

February: The Madness

I am so thankful that I have survived The Onslaught That Is February. True, Feb. isn't over yet, but half of the craziness is, and I'm always glad to be over the hump. Let me explain...

In February this year I have:

My brother-in-law's birthday (9th)
My kids' homeschool group which meets at my house (12th)
Valentine's Day (14th)
My extended family birthday party (14th)
My dad's birthday (16th)
My older daughter's birthday (17th)
My cub scout pack's blue and gold banquet--I am the MC and in charge of preparations as well (17th)
My birthday (19th)
My grandmother's birthday (20th)
My older daughter's birthday party (20th)
My husband's extended family birthday party (21st)
My wedding anniversary (23rd)
My kid's homeschool group at my house (26th)
My younger daughter's birthday (technically the 29th but celebrating on the 28th this year)


And it is like this EVERY year. Oy. Like I said, I'm really grateful to hit the middle mark every February.

I am also grateful that I finished the first working draft of my manuscript last month instead of trying to fit it in during The Madness. Tomorrow my agent is calling to discuss the revisions for that manuscript and to talk about the next project I hope to start after The Madness is over.

Now I'm going to go and sit on the couch for the rest of the day. It's practically the only day I have to veg until March, and I'm taking advantage of it.

Oh, crap. I just remembered I've got to get to work on those decorations for my daughter's birthday party. Looks like veg time is already over.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. wow, and I thought 2 birthday's and Valentines day on the 14th and 15th for me were a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. So now you understand while I disappear in Feb!

    ReplyDelete