Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hey, Jealousy

Yes, I see you. Hiding back there in the corner of my mind.

Well, stop it. Quit lurking and go away.

Yes, I know that Writer A just got a new book contract. And I know that Writer B just got his/her editorial letter. And you don't need to remind me that Writer C just shared his/her book cover with the world.

I'm trying not to think about it, so stop reminding me.

Now, shoo. I'm trying to be productive. But you are eating away at my confidence, and I don't like it. Yeah, I know my book has been out on submission for awhile without much to show for it. But I don't need you whispering in my ear about that book deal you just heard about from that publisher I had high hopes from, though the deal was for another book and not mine.

I'm certain that some editor somewhere is gonna LOVE my book. So there.

Don't smile at me like that. It's unnerving.

Yes, I'm talking to you, Jealousy. I don't need you here, so go.

Now.

(Good riddance. I never did like that guy.)

4 comments:

  1. He always makes annoying comments when you're trying to be happy for people, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day will come soon and we'll all try not to be too jealous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same to you, Alice! I mean that.

    ReplyDelete