Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Reads: The Eyes of the Dragon


I mentioned back when I started this series that I wouldn't highlight horror, because I don't read the genre.  So why highlight a Stephen King novel, you ask? Because this is not one of his horror novels.  This is classic fantasy.  Read on, my friends.





 The Eyes of the Dragon
by Stephen King

For: Adults

Genre: Fantasy (yes, you read that right)

Published: 1987

Description:  A kingdom is in turmoil as the old king dies and his successor must do battle for the throne. Pitted against an evil wizard and a would-be rival, Prince Peter makes a daring escape and rallies the forces of Good to fight for what is rightfully his.


Why I liked it: You should already know by now that I love fantasy, and this is a classic good vs. evil with magic and dragons and everything tale.  But it's also more than that.  It's the story about two brothers, one who stands for what's good and right, and one who must learn that lesson the hard way. And in more ways than one, it's a story about conquering your own demons.  


No comments:

Post a Comment