Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Back End of Things

I have to admit that I would rather watch the special features on a new DVD (or an old DVD, for that matter) than the actual movie. I've always loved documentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, and bloopers or outtakes. And I've always been more interested in the off-camera people than the on-camera people. I think about the writers, the directors, the best boys and foley artists (what are best boys and foley artists, anyway?) and hardly ever care what the actors are doing (except maybe those extras--they fascinate me more than the leading men or ladies do).

So it shouldn't come as a big surprise that I really enjoy reading the comments on blog posts. Some are really interesting--some not so much--but I especially love replying to other comments, especially for comments left on my blog(s). And I like to check and see if the blog poster has replied to my comment. It makes me feel special when they do.

But I'm wondering if others feel the same way, or if I'm just weird. (Yes, I already know I'm weird, but I mean weird in this respect only.) I know most of my LJ commenters know when I reply, since LJ usually sends the comment in an email (if you have that feature turned on, that is). But I have no idea if my blogspot/blogger readers ever know I usually always reply to their comments.

So, do you check the comments on a blog after you've commented? Do you like it when the blog poster replies to your comment? Do you like the back end of things as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. I mean, we comment to sort of start a conversation, right?

    Sometimes I click the subscribe by email button, and sometimes I try to remember to check back. I really like the ones like Elana Johnson and Lisa and Laura Roecker who either visit YOUR blog or email you to reply. Makes me feel special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Now that is dedication! I've never thought about emailing the reply (how do you do that, anyway?) though I have returned the favor and visited others' blogs after they've left a comment.

    Thanks for commenting, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete