Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Six

1. I finally got my ms. back from my agent. He's recommended one small revision (which I am so glad he did because it was a part of the book that I knew needed work and wanted to fix anyway) in addition to the line edits. Yesterday I revised the first two chapters. Seven more chapters to go! Then we'll be sending that baby off into the sub world.

2. I recently moved back to my home state, and my writers group has welcomed me back with open arms. We meet next week! Woohoo! I love these people. I am so excited about seeing them all again! And while I've been away they've added some new members, so I am excited to meet new writing friends, too.

3. Yesterday my husband and I took the 5 kiddos shopping for new shoes. Have you ever tried to help 5 little kids pick out shoes, all at the same time, in a crowded mall shoe store? I don't recommend it. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off as one yelled, "Mom, I can't get these on!" while another danced down the aisle in new shoes while the third said, "Get back here, Mom! Don't leave me!" (and the littlest one was pulling all the shiny ones out of the boxes and the oldest was pouting since they didn't have the shoes he wanted in his size). And once we got to the register, the lady behind us kept throwing daggers at us with her eyes since she had one pair of shoes and we had 10, and she was forced to wait while we were helped. And each child wanted to pack their own shoes out of the store so the poor lady at the register had to bag our items in five different bags. It's always an adventure when we take our kids anywhere.

4. I really don't like the cliched phrases, "running around like a chicken with my head cut off" or "throwing daggers at us with her eyes," but I'm too lazy right now to think of something original and fresh.

5. I meet with my web designer next week to go over ideas and decide on a plan of action for my website. We're going to try to have it up and running by September, though I think it may take a bit longer than that. I'm hoping it will be a rockin' website!

6. Sweet Pea, my littlest one (she's 18 months old), has just crawled up on my lap for a little snuggle time. And now she's singing to me. It's complete gibberish but so cute. Aw. I love little kids, especially mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment