Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crossing My Fingers

Today I finished the revision my agent requested. I thought that was pretty fast work considering I overhauled one character 100%. Seriously. The only thing that stayed the same was his name and occupation.

Funny thing: my agent didn't ask me to overhaul the character. But the character wasn't working the way he was, so I knew he had to go. At first I was worried, because he provided a lot of tension in the book, but I think (hope) the new character still provides the tension I needed, but in a different way.

I sent it off to my agent to see what he thinks. *fingers crossed*

I'm hoping he gives the green light so we can start subbing it. But I'm also ready to go back and do a little more tweaking. I'd rather revise than write a first draft. I hate first drafts.

Wish me luck, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment