Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Reads: Robot Zot!

I've been a Jon Scieszka fan since my kids and I discovered The Stinky Cheese Man about a decade ago. In fact, pick up any of his books and you won't be disappointed.


Robot Zot!
by Jon Scieszka, illustrated by David Shannon

For: 3 and up

Genre: Humorous picture book

Published: 2009

Description:  From the minds of Scieszka and Shannon comes a tale of a quixotic robot determined to conquer the earth. The only problem is that the earth he lands on is a suburban kitchen and he is three inches tall. Robot Zot, the fearless and unstoppable warrior, leaves a trail of destruction as he encounters blenders, toasters, and televisions. But when he discovers the princess...a pink cell phone...his mission takes a new course. Robot Zot must learn how to be a hero - in the name of true love.

Why I liked it: As usual, Jon Scieszka manages to entertain readers with this quirky but hilarious book.  I love Jon Scieszka's humor and his unique perspective.  And this book is full of both.  The pink cell phone...*chuckles at the absurdity of it all*.  





Do you know of some humorous pictures books that I can share with my kids?  Please let me know in the comments below.


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment