Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Bad

So I sat down tonight to work on finishing my WIP--the one that is only a few thousand words away from the end--when I suddenly had another, a new, character pop into my head.

I was not going to take the bait, right? I mean, I'm so close to the end of this book. There is no way another character is going to flex his muscles at me and make me leave my nearly-finished WIP.

But this character was a girl, a poor, sweet, helpless girl who wanted to tell me the story of her benefactress, a bossy princess who thinks the world revolves around her. But I could see through the princess and I knew the real hero of this story would be the girl. She hasn't told me her name yet, but I'm already caught. I HAVE to find out her story.

In fact, I did what I swore I would never do (again). I left my WIP for a new one.

Oh, the horror!

I opened another page and I started writing. I only wrote a paragraph, but I had to! I couldn't focus on the original WIP until this girl, the sweet, unassuming little girl, could start her story. She found a way to ensnare my soul. She looked at me with her puppy dog eyes and I melted. Bad me! Bad, bad me!

I did go back to my original WIP, but I couldn't do more than write a few sentences. All I can think about is the girl.

But I'm going to make up with my original WIP and finish. Soon. Now I have to finish soon so I can focus on the girl.

Hmm. I wonder what her name is.

No comments:

Post a Comment