Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

I'm not a big fan of today. Never have been. I'm not a prankster. I don't enjoy seeing pranks done on others. I guess I'm just a big party pooper.

But I come from a family of teasers, which is slightly different than tricksters but just as annoying. One of my brothers is the worst. So is my dad and just about every single one of his siblings. My mother's siblings don't lag far behind in this, either. Can you imagine the horror that was my childhood? They teased me that I was a boy (don't ask me why, but they called boys girls and girls boys--still do in fact). When I was six they teased me that I was going to be sick for a whole year. They teased me about kissing boys (long before I ever had any interest in it). Teasing is how they show love. I don't get it, but at least I've come to understand their unique and at times obnoxious behavior. But I digress...

So though today is the day for tricks, pranks, and all things foolish, today I vow to do no harm. I really don't have it in me anyway. I'm not in the mood.

Yeah. I'm such a party pooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment