Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Mixed-Up Middle-Grade Skype Tour has left the driveway!

So, many of you know about that other blog I work on. I try to keep the two blogs separate, since I know not all of you are middle-grade authors or have middle-grade kids.

Well, I'm breaking my "never the twain shall meet" rule today. You're just gonna have to deal with it, I guess.

That's because, on rare occasions, we do these really cool, super amazing, lots-of-love-and-work-involved projects to help get books (and their authors) connected with middle-grade readers. And it just so happens that today is one of those days.

Today our Mixed-up Middle-Grade Skype tour begins!

Each season a group of middle-grade authors donate a full-fledged Skype visit to a school, group, or club. And this time around we have the following authors:


cloud-bus-with-mouse2
Sarah Aronson (BEYOND LUCKY)
Tami Lewis Brown (THE MAP OF ME)
Kathy Erskine* (MOCKINGBIRD)
Bruce Hale (CHET GECKO MYSTERIES)
Uma Krishnaswami (THE GRAND PLAN TO FIX EVERYTHING)
Erin Moulton (FLUTTER)
Jennifer Nielsen (ELLIOT AND THE PIXIE PLOT)
Tricia Springstubb (WHAT HAPPENED ON FOX STREET)


*Yes, you'll notice this National Book Award winner has graciously donated a Skype visit. I want to be just like Kathy when I grow up.

So if you know of anyone who might be interested in winning a visit with one of these middle-grade authors, please send them to this blog post about our giveaway.

And please spread the word via Twitter, FB, G+, or your own blog.  You can even link to this cool YouTube video all about our project:



Thanks for sharing if you do.  I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment